Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Good Sports...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Good Sports...

    I just want to take this opportunity to say what how thankful I am to the people in the Big Stone Gap community. Since our move to "the valley" we have been made feel nothing but welcome. Our first year at BSG has been such a pleasant experience. Something needs to be said for the way they treat people. It has been our experience that they have been wonderful sports in every aspect we have experienced. When my son played football this past season the other boys were genuinely happy when he would have a good play and slapped his helmet and congratulated him and made him feel so special. I have been so moved by how my children have been accepted with open arms by all. I guess I expected it to be different, to be honest. I expected them to be more competitive and that it would take us a while to be accepted. Last night my daughter won Little Miss Big Stone Gap and I don't know how many of you know how competitive pageants can be but I was moved to tears by how wonderful the other girls treated her after she won. They were ALL good sports and I think every single one of them came to her at different times and told her congratulations and really acted happy for her. One of the girls had even written "Congratulations Fallon" on the board in the room where they got dressed. I am just blown away by the attitudes these children and parents have. Even the older kids have been very welcoming and helpful to "the new kids". I want to thank every one in the community for making our move so much easier with their kindness. This is something you don't see enough of in competitive sports. We see so much ugly in the world today I felt it necessary to commend those who do so well.
    Missy Mullins
    Mother of Tre' and Fallon Mullins

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good Sports...

    Very nice post.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Good Sports...

    Hey, it is wonderful to hear good news. Hope things continue for you.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •